Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shop My Wardrobe Comparison

Tuesdays mean sales at Anthropologie and today was no exception: I woke up this morning and discovered that the Jacquard Missive Skirt went on sale today! The day after I posted about the skirt not being available in my size, I saw that they had replenished all the sizes online. But now that the price has dropped to $79.95, my size once again is gone. Phew! Trap avoided.
So to 'celebrate/mourn' the fact that I won't be getting this beautiful skirt, I've decided to recreate this outfit with what I already have in my wardrobe. 
Not exactly identical, but too similar to justify hunting down a Jacquard Missive skirt. 
Where's the Goodness? 
What I discovered & will incorporate henceforth:
As I fumbled way into the back of my closet looking for pieces that could best match this outfit, I realized just how many skirts, tops, jackets I owned that I could substitute for this look.
To keep items from being neglected, I will reorganize my closet every season, 4 times a year, no excuses. I will move clothes that have been chilling in the back barracks to the front lines, rotate shoes like troops, and showcase accessories from the arsenal. 
As for the things that I'm no longer heeding any attention to, I have and will continue to donate them to charities/shelters and hope someone will be *warmer* as a result. 


No comments:

Post a Comment