Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Guidelines

Happy Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King Jr!

Like so many, I am at a crossroads in life right now. I have ambitions and doubts about the future, hopes and worries about feeling fulfilled, desires for what my career, my life, myself will/should be this year, in 5 years, in 10 years, and so on. I have to figure out how to get there...hopefully in a happiness-maximizing way.
I took a psychology class called the Science of Happiness last year and learned that certain people feel draft to-do lists and feel satisfaction at accomplishing each task and being about to finish the entire list. I suspect that these people like planning and have a structure. I used to be a chronic "list person" but that hasn't always served me well. So I'm going to try something different and publish guidelines I'd like to adopt because thus far they've work for me. By blogging about them, I feel like I'll be held more accountable for incorporating them into my life.
If you see me, hear from me, happen to find out I'm not following these guidelines, I give you full permission to reprehend me (especially since none of them are difficult, I have no excuses!).

To try:
-personal wellness (more on this later but I attribute this to Angela who brought up how important it is)
-new resolutions that'll reform bad habits and challenge me each month

Must do:
-drink more water
-exercise at least 4 days a week including at least 1 class/week and 30 min swim/week
-get more sunshine
-go for a walk a least once a week
-practice instruments and incorporate art into my life again
-finish a book once a month
-work on Chinese
-let go of anxiety, relax more
-wake up and sleep earlier, regularly
-pray

No comments:

Post a Comment