Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

First Post: New Beginnings

Excluding my embarrassing and pointless childhood blogs, this is my first blog post ever. I would like to think of this blog as more serious and mature in tone and substance since I am getting more mature and arguably more serious, but we'll see how that goes.
Purpose: I decided to start a blog mainly for the upcoming new year because I want 2011 to be a year of new beginnings. I hope that it will be filled with, magical experiences, new surprises and wonderful opportunities for all. To bring this optimism into fruition, I have decided to pledge myself to doing good in any way I can. I strongly believe that every change you want to see starts with embodying that change in yourself and I hope that this blog can chronicle the things I do that hopefully will positively inspire someone else.
I can't promise to dig deep emotionally and share intimate secrets from every corner of my soul because after all, this is a public blog and who does that anyway? However, I will try my best to be honest about my experiences and complete in my reasoning for doing things I do.
That said, it's two days after Christmas and the holiday season is coming to an end. Families and friends have reunited to feast, have congregated to light candles on a menorah, have joyously hung ornaments on Christmas tree, and exchanged gratitude for each other. The holidays are always such a sentimental time. That means for me, even though I'm under the weather with sniffles or some minor bug, I bundle up like an eskimo and can't wait to go meet my dear friends for a chat over some peppermint mochas out at the neighborhood coffee house. Red nose like Rudolph's, runny nose and all, I can't wait to see my friends and hear updates on how they're doing.
Today was one of those days for me. I met my best friend and we chatted for a couple hours. I'm so grateful for all my close friends, the wise advice and solid friendship they give me. I just hope that for many years, we can remain just as close and just as friendly.

2 comments:

  1. Hey great friend,

    I've came to support your new blog despite the obstacles of leaping over the Great Firewall. But again, for friends it's always well worth the trouble. :) I'm glad to hear that you are optimistic about 2011. For sure, this year must have been a restful and thoughtful year for you as you've been to many places around the world and experienced so many new things. I have to say, I'm very proud of you, the world traveler :) As I'm sitting in the Hopkins library in Nanjing, and wondering at the same time why China never seems to have good heaters, I do miss our lovely time together just hanging in the USC neighborhood (well, not IN the neighborhood, but close enough) and just keeping each other company during the last few years.

    I honestly cannot thank you enough for the company, warmth and friendship that you have given me at a time when both of us probably were experiencing some of the most difficult transitions of our young adult, "coming of age," lives. I don't think I have ever given you a formal thank you :) I don't know how my USC experience would have been without meeting you and sharing those precious times together. Hence, Thank You!

    I hope the LSATs studying is not too overwhelming. I'm sure that you will be amazing wherever and whatever you decide on doing, because you simply are a wonderful person.

    Happy New Year special friend :)

    Please extend my blessings to your family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ying Jia,

    You are too kind. Plus, you are one of the ONLY people to read my attempt at a successful blog.
    Your ambition to break through the great Firewall of China to check in on my ramblings is really touching and lets me know how much you cherish our friendship.
    I feel likewise about everything you mentioned -- you definitely made my USC experience much better and I am so glad to have met you and spent time with you!
    Here's to a new year of reuniting (hopefully somewhat soon!) and to achieving those coming of age accomplishments!

    Happy New Year as well!
    I hope you enjoy it in Shanghai and in Guangdong.

    Take care and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete