Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

my heart goes out to Japan

Everyone has been discussing the catastrophic tragedy in Japan, a devastating earthquake and lethal tsunami topped off with nuclear radiation exposure. The news is heartbreaking and highly emotional to read and watch. My prayers are with everyone in Japan. The world knows of your suffering and we are here for you.

I watched the latest Black Eyed Peas music video 'Just Can't Get Enough' today. It was shot a week before the events in Japan. I suppose a combination of factors contribute to my liking this song and mv immediately and I definitely think there's something for everyone in it. Personally, Fergie's voice on this track is very airy and feminine and it resonated with me. Exposed, she describes how she just can't get enough of her man and wants to jump inside his love.  She, like Tokyo or all of Japan, is vulnerable and addicted. She, like the city, is addicted to love.

The cinematography is also beautiful featuring a modern urban sprawl. Presenting the city night lights, a story of longing love and bittersweet attachment unravels. Check out these still shots from the music video and also watch it in its entirety here.

No comments:

Post a Comment